To help my students learn the selection and clone tools, we inserted ourselves into movie posters. They first had to pick a poster and study the lighting and pose used. They then had to work with a partner to get a photograph of themself. They then used the selection tools to cut themself out of their picture and place themself in the movie poster. They then had to match the coloring and if any part of the character remainded, they had to use the clone stamp to take them out. I have blurred out their faces to protect their privacy.
Continuing with spicing up my classroom, I decided my class rules could use a make over. I found this list of rules from pintrest with a red background but decided I needed some glitter in the room. I found an image of glitter and opened it in Photoshop. With a background layer of white, I created a gradiant on the glitter layer to form the ombre effect. I then added the words in makeing some layers bold and changing the spacing on others.
To continue with our filter unit, I had the students take a piece of glass and smear it with paint. They had to create their own filter that they would be able to hold up in front of their subject. We found that it was easiest to shoot with a manual focus so they could adjust it however they needed to. Also, using a telephoto lens made the effect look better.
Yesterday was a short day in my photo 2 class so I decided to experiment with the kids and try something new. We took our cameras outside to a colorful playground and put plastic sandwich bags over the lens. The kids then had to crinkle the bag in different ways to create a fuzzy dream like filter. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would and the kids loved it.